Monday, July 6, 2015

Update

Hey everyone,

I'm sitting in the hospital, waiting for a doctor to look at my foot. I let it dry out, so it looks a little better. I should be able to get some stronger antibiotics for it, cause it does look a little swollen.

Enough about my injury... The rest of last week went really well. I'm glad I'm switching to forest, so I can get a different viewpoint for five weeks, and I'm really excited to start hiking (once my foot heals). I haven't been able to do a lot of hiking since my program limits me to go to certain areas, so this is very exciting.

The camp itself is really put together well. We just had a new person move in to our hut and expect 1 more, so space is going to be tight for a few weeks. The food is really good, but I am lacking in vegetables occasionally, so I am going to buy some canned corn or beans at the supermarket in Hellville when I get the chance.

The dri-fit clothing is incredible, and I have only had to wash my clothes once. You can pay for the staff to do it, but since it is just adding laundry soap, water, and a little elbow grease, I didn't need any help.

Last weekend I went quad biking around the island (Nosy Be) and went up the mountain (Mt pasad I think, spelling is incorrect for sure). Ben, the German guy I went with, flew his drone and I took some really cool photos. I meant to use my GoPro, however, it was not charged. If I go again with other people, I will for sure capture some cool footage.

Attached are photos from 2 weekends ago, so enjoy!

Until next time,

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment